Welcome to ENGIE Thermal Europe, This operational entity of ENGIE has the ambition to be a key enabler of the transition towards carbon-neutral economy! Are you looking for an ideal opportunity to kick start your career at ENGIE, one of the world leaders in the energy transition scene? Are you interested in joining a multidisciplinary and diverse team of energy experts? Are you looking for use ful missions to accelerate the transition to a carbon neutral world?
Our ENGIE Thermal Power Traineeship might be something for you! We are looking for a highly motivated, committed and dynamic trainee (M/F) to hire for an 24 months rotational management traineeship. Don’t hesitate and take this unique opportunity!
Who are We?
ENGIE Thermal Europe offers you an exciting opportunity to enhance your knowledge and competences while working in a very dynamic power generation sector. This operational entity of ENGIE Group is an expert in many specialist areas: we manage, maintain and operate large-scale, highly flexible and high-performance natural gas, biomass, hydropower and CHP units owned by ENGIE.
YOUR CHALLENGE as Trainee
During a 24 months rotation program we will provide you with an intensive on-the-job field training in different operational areas. Throughout the traineeship you will:
- gain good technical knowledge and hands-on experience in the power generation sector by working in different departments and in the different power plants of Engie in Belgium
- develop a broad set of technical and soft skills by being exposed to challenging field assignments
- have the chance to take on more responsibility by dealing with interesting operational missions and projects
- get the opportunity to work in diverse teams and develop a wide network
The nature of the projects and missions during the entire programme may differ from one to another. In any case, variety and technical content are guaranteed!
YOUR PROFILE as Trainee
- you hold a university degree in Civil, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- you have a good understanding of the energy sector and the energy transition landscape
- you have a passionate interest in developing a career in the energy business
- you are hands-on with great interest in operative “in the field” assignments
- you show swift adaptability skills to work in different domains and environments
- you have high willingness to learn and grow
- you are open minded, curious, proactive and you show the right ambition level
- you love to take initiative and to take full responsibility in projects
- you get on easily with other people, you are a team player who shares ideas and knowledge with peers
- you speak and write French, Dutch and English
- you are willing to travel regularly amongst different sites of ENGIE in Belgium
YOUR LOCATION as Trainee
You will work in different departments and power plants of Engie in BELGIUM.
WE OFFER YOU as Trainee
Since your development and engagement is important to us, together with you we will build your future by offering attractive assignments with a positive impact on people and planet!
We offer you:
- an intensive hands-on experience in different areas of the energy sector during a 24 months rotation program
- throughout the program you will be coached by senior experts and experienced field managers
- all the way through your traineeship program you will also be followed-up, supported and coordinated by our HR Department; they will help you to identify where your talents can be best deployed, so you can prepare yourself well for your future career within ENGIE
- become part of a dynamic and caring organization committed to wellbeing, inclusion and diversity
- an large remuneration package: an attractive base pay, a bonus scheme, industry leading healthcare and group insurance, a salary car, mobile phone, laptop, lunch vouchers, …
- a menu of flexible work options and a wide set of vacation days
- being welcomed by the Young Generation Network, an international multi-disciplinary team of millennials and digital natives
MORE ABOUT US
ENGIE THERMAL Europe, an operational entity of ENGIE Group, is an expert in many specialist areas within the energy sector: around 1,400 employees manage, maintain and operate large-scale, highly flexible and high-performance natural gas, biomass, hydropower and CHP units owned by ENGIE in 7 European countries (Belgium, France, Italy, The Netherlands, Portugal, Spain and the UK). This entity is also able to develop new applications such as energy security using large battery storage systems or power-to-gas projects (biomethane, hydrogen, …).
In this way ENGIE THERMAL Europe wants to support the electricity grid to complement renewable energy, and it wants to help large industrial customers to make the transition to the most energy-efficient production process including the significant reduction of their CO2 emissions!. Be a key enabler of the transition towards carbon-neutral economy!