SPA has an immediate need for a Threat Hunting Analyst to provide contracting services to NATO.
- Provide subject matter expertise supporting the end-to-end threat hunting process.
- Develop hypotheses to be used in a threat hunt.
- Create security tool content such as searches, reports and dashboards to facilitate threat hunting.
- Perform indepth analysis of suspicious activity to deliver conclusions and recommendations.
- Review and develop logging configurations to enable a comprehensive threat hunting capability.
- Develop and document threat hunting procedures.
- Share the results of threat hunts via presentations and technical reports.
- A university degree at a nationally recognised/certified University in a technical subject with substantial Information Technology (IT) content and 2 years of specific experience. Exceptionally, the lack of a university degree may be compensated by the demonstration of a candidate’s particular abilities or experience that is/are of interest to NCI Agency; that is, at least 4 years extensive and progressive expertise in the duties related to the function of the post
- Expert level in at least three of the following areas and a high level of experience in several of the other areas:
- Cybersecurity threat hunting
- MITRE ATT&CK Framework
- Security Incidents Event Management products (SIEM) – e.g.Splunk
- Splunk Processing Language
- Network Based Intrusion Detection Systems (NIDS) – e.g.SourceFire, Palo Alto Network Threat Prevention o Host Based Intrusion Detection Systems (HIDS)
- Full Packet Capture systems – e.g. Niksun, RSA/NetWitness
- Computer security tools (Vulnerability Assessment, Anti-virus, Protocol Analysis, Anti-Virus, Protocol Analysis, Anti-Spyware, etc)
- Proficiency in Intrusion/Incident Detection and Handling.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles of computer and communications security, networking, and the vulnerabilities of modern operating systems and applications
- National from one of the 30 NATO Nations
- In possession of an active National and/or NATO Secret security clearance
- Industry leading certification in the area of Cybersecurity such as GCFA, GCIA, GNFA.
- Knowledge and experience in Splunk Enterprise Security suite.
- A good understanding of Security, Orchestrations, Automation and Response (SOAR) concepts and their benefits to the protection of CIS infrastructures.
- Knowledge and experience in threat hunting in corporate/government level environment.
- Strong knowledge of malware families and network attack vectors.
- Experience in analysis of various threat actor groups, attack patterns and tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs), deep analysis of threats across the enterprise by combining security rules, content, policy and relevant datasets.
- Ability to analyze attack vectors against a particular system to determine attack surface.