Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world. We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you’ll be part of
The pandemic has highlighted how important telecoms networks are to society. Nokia’s Network Infrastructure group is at the heart of a revolution to bring more and faster network capacity to people worldwide through our ambition, innovation, and technical expertise.
Nokia’s Telco Cloud solutions help our customers to decouple growth from cost and automate their operations. Across hundreds of SDN & NFV commercial deployments, we’ve built our expertise in designing, securing and operating these networks.
Now the confluence of 5G and cloud-native present the opportunity to our customers to go digital across their organization with scaling, service agility and extreme automation. We provide the automation to converge fixed, 4G and 5G with our universal adaptive core, pursue new business with edge cloud (factories, enterprises, scene analytics, Cloud RAN, etc.) or public cloud (new service launches, cloud-bursting, etc.), and link it all together with our SDN and cloud-interconnect solutions. As an end result, we enable our customers to grow their business with confidence.
Our Telco Cloud portfolio provides the automation to on-board and lifecycle-manage Virtual Networking Functions (VNF’s) and Cloud-Native (Containerized) Networking Functions (CNF’s). To accomplish that, we integrate with Kubernetes, OpenStack, VMWare and public cloud.
We are looking for excellent software developers, who want to implement solutions in this new technological space, and be at the center of Cloud Technologies, Software Defined Networking (SDN) and state-of-the-art Software Development in python, GoLang and Java.
What you will learn and contribute to
- Analyzing Product Requirements for our Telco Cloud 2.0 portfolio and extensions to Telco Cloud 1.0
- Conceiving and documenting a functional specification and software design
- Implementing the design, develop-test it and addressing peer reviews
- Test-automate functionality developed by others
- Analyze and resolve reported (internally or externally reported) bug reports
Your skills and experience
- Obtain a Master degree in Computer Science or similar
- Strong development skills; experience in GoLang, Python and Java is a strong plus.
- Experience with Kubernetes, OpenStack and/or VMWare is a strong plus.
- Linux experience
- Have solid ground knowledge of IP networking
- Familiar with git / GitHub
- Ability to learn quickly and to work in a fast paced, innovative environment
- Good communication skills in English, both verbally and in writing
- Be an excellent team player, and enjoy working in an international context
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.