Posted Date:Nov 18 2022
The MAPS Supply Chain Planning Manager is part of a subsequent team to build the E2E Supply Chain of the Vaccine Candidates making use of the new MAPS technology, after the acquisition of Affinivax, from Clinical Trial Material until Commercialization.
MAPS is the future for GSK and is a top priority project for GSK reflected in GSK Vaccines objectives.
The MAPS Supply Chain Planning Manager coordinates and administrates several supply chain aspects of MAPS program, covering the Affinivax integration project and launch preparation activities:
- Product flow management (ensuring a smooth executional follow-up)
- Capacity management and analysis as an input for the network design
- Scenario planning
- E2E leadtime analysis (golden batch & critical path)
- Inventory projection management
- E2E incoming material Inventory & Supply coordination
- Analysis for defining at market level, the E2E supply chain (network, manufacturing route until in-country distribution)
- End to End oversight on the Manufacturing & Supply of Clinical Trial Materials, PPQ and future MAPS Commercial Vaccines
- Integrate MAPS requests into a global picture within the GSK portfolio to understand constraints and limitations
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following :
- Strong stakeholder management upon interacting with Manufacturing sites, Procurement, Provisioning, R&D, Tech,… departments.
- Provide inputs, including capacity assessments, to build the Manufacturing & Logistics network from raw materials until distribution, for MAPS Vaccines, for Clinical Trial & Commercial operations.
- Accountable for the (follow-up on the execution of the) E2E supply planning of MAPS products in line with customer demand, upon defining the appropriate batch size and considering the E2E lead-time (incl critical path).
- Build the E2E picture of Incoming Materials, for all manufacturing steps, for both internal production sites and Contract Manufacturing Organizations. Manage IM availability risks, recommend the Inventory strategy and ensure appropriate use of planning systems.
- Recommend an appropriate stock model to get to an endorsed inventory policy for each asset.
- Build real-time dashboard and guide decisions (right level and timing)
- Provide reference/comprehensive visuals to the teams and top management. Translate a complex and detailed project into simple messages understandable by all stakeholders and levels.
- Connect with experts to put in place Cold-Chain logistics, warehousing and manufacturing baselines to support the MAPS plan.
- Define an efficient & consolidated approach to manage packaging/labelling solutions and master data to comply with requirements (serialized number, GTIN, EAN codes, E-Leaflet, customer information… ). Reduce complexity of packaging and connect manufacturing to order management.
- Accountable for setting up & maintaining the information systems & masterdata for MAPS supply.
- Accountable for preparing bi-weekly supply chain progress reports and communication of the critical supply chain items to the Steering Committee and Sponsor teams.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- University degree in Engineering/Scientific discipline
- Working experience in project management and associated tools (e.g. MS Project)
- Good business acumen and enterprise thinking (end-to-end supply orientations, crosse functional team spirit, sharing of good practices within the network)
- Demonstrated project management skills with successful implementation experience of global projects
- Ability to work through complex data/information to drive simple solutions
- Demonstrated experience in implementing operational excellence methodologies and change management principles preferred
- Strong presentation skills and proficient with Microsoft Excel (advanced user preferred)
- Strong analytical skills with ability to simplify complex concepts
- Experience with working in global multicultural environment and complex matrix organizations
- Excellent written and spoken English and preferably fluency in one or more additional European languages
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Master Level, Lean Six Sigma or Project Management Certification is a plus
- Agile and quick learner
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to lead cross functional teams.
- Influencing skills to engage and align operational teams
- Change management: ability to lead and drive changes
- Multicultural mindset
- Working across boundaries
- Ability to plan the future
- Teamwork ability
- Can-do spirit
- Problem solving attitude
- Sense of urgency, flexibility and accountability
- Networking and facilitation skills
- Customer focus
- Able to propose solutions in critical situations
- Prioritization skills
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These includePatient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action – a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you have a disability and require assistance during the course of the selection process, you will have the opportunity to let us know what specific assistance you require in order to make suitable arrangements.
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organisation where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We’re committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK’s commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.