Job Description Summary
The BI Solution Architect for BD Control Tower (BDCT) provides visibility to key KPIs for the Global Logistics organization and incumbents through the development of Power BI dashboards leveraging the Control Tower data and other sources. They will be providing End to End visibility tools to help support the management of: Overall transportation costs against budget, Transit times, CO2 emissions, Carrier management, SLAs and others as needed. The Analyst will create dashboards that visualize the activities, execution, and trending for these KPIs. They will translate the needs of Leadership and users to provide solutions for leveraging the data. They will have the ability to provide guidance on the use and visualization the data, so it is actionable. They will manage and provide best practice guidelines for the data within BD’s Control Tower system and dashboards powered by BDCT data. They will also become the data mining resource for innovative solutions rolled out in the future. They will partner support Regions, Functions, TGS, ISC Analytics, and the Core team to maximize the systems data effectiveness, establishing a process for new data requests through deployment. This role is the BDCT SME for data and Analytics needs and the associated output.
- Partner with users and stakeholders to maximize the data effectiveness, while driving efficiency, through the utilization of the Control Tower system data
- Works across every region and business to identify global requirements for new analytics tool functionality, develops prototypes to review with user team, and executes dashboards or reporting to completion based on user feedback.
- Creates, documents, delivers, and maintains training material and tools for utilizing BDCT Dashboards and analytics. Helps drive adoption of BDCT and maintains trending data on usage and onboarding.
- Develops communication strategy for BDCT Leadership team and User groups.
- Supports projects within team by providing the ways to measure outcomes though data
- Determine user requirements for analytics based on the teams KPIs and focus areas. Acts as advisor on the best practices for data layout and timelines to build. Lead user group through validation of data, acceptance of format, and signoff on acceptance.
- Apply architectural concepts to design a solution that meets operational requirements, such as scalability, maintainability, security, reliability, extensibility, flexibility, availability, and manageability
- Work with and align to Global Supply Chain, TGS and Data Science teams to understand company strategy on data science, standardization, and technology platforms
- Administers the BY dashboard tools and resolves data issues
- Works with Supplier for Analytics and dashboard issues identified that reside in the BDCT Tool and are built by and provided to us from the Blue Yonder product development team.
- Works with internal and external databases for BDCT user Change Requests and Product Issues (Bugs). Works with BD Control Tower core team to troubleshoot issues through resolution, develops data driven view for recovery and tracking.
- Analytics, Reporting, and Data Governance
- Maintains and governs the use of Denodo views and next generation data structure for Control Tower through SAP Hana with Power BI data flows and data sets.
- Collaborates closely with ISC analytics team to standardize reports and the associated data leveraging Control Tower as the data standard.
- Provides guidance to TGS for Denodo views and changes required for new initiatives or requests.
- Proactively identifies analytic needs for user groups and potential master data challenges using output from the BDCT tool to find solutions and address them ensuring successful process improvement.
- Provides data needed to leadership and core team members for meetings such as Global Transportation Monthly reports, Steerco, Regional and BU Adoption, User group sessions, and for new development sessions and provides communications output as needed to all levels of dependencies.
- Expert for the BD Control Tower platform Analytics module, developing training and documentation to support the BDCT analytics KPIs for the user community.
- Works directly with the BDCT Core team to ensure as new functionality is deployed the supporting dashboard, reporting, and measurements are readily available with the promotion of the enhancement.
Primary Work Location
BEL Erembodegem – Dorp 86
POL Wroclaw – Legnicka