- Are you passionate about programming and digital technologies?
Join our growing team of software developers! We are looking for starters and senior profiles.
Working for our Digital Department
Our Digital departmentdevelops digital solutions to support a sustainable transition of the energy sector. We design and develop software as a service to help and empower our customers.
Our teamsare specialized in Applied Mathematics, Data Science, Measurement Systems, Software and Embedded Software Engineering, Instrumentation & Control, and Industrial Cyber Security. Altogether, we develop solutions for both external customers and for internal Laborelec services.
Our solutionsfor customers are co-created with our business colleagues (energy experts), product owners, and digital experts. We provide solutions of different maturity levels ranging from industrialized software (for commercial solution), prototypes or proofs of concepts (for R&D projects).
Context of the job
Our team of Digital Experts is currently looking for a back-end Software Developerwho is mastering Python or is willing to learn it.
You’ll be joining our growing team of Software Experts.
We will offer you opportunities to develop your skills and you will be able to share your expertise in software development, so that as a team we continuously grow in expertise. Joining ENGIE Laborelec means, having the opportunity to build a career within the organization.
As a Software developer
You play an active role in projects that are mostly elated to renewable energy like solar, wind, energy production, e-mobility, energy storage and many more:
- You will participate in every phase of the digital solution lifecycle: actively contributing in every phase of the development; analysing the problem and designing the most relevant solution.
- You will work in an agile environment and with agile teams that deliver high customer and business value, together.
- You focus on the back-end components and services.
You may be our future colleague if you…
- Like programming: code quality; correctness of algorithms and code; code clarity & comments; code reusability; unit testing; correct use of design patterns are important parts of the job (to be used or learned)
- Are an expert in a programming language(preference for Python or Java under Linux).
- Eager to learnas in this job you will be able to use and/or learnthe following technologies. AWS Cloud, Redis, Kafka, MongoDB, InfluxDB, Elastic search, Nginx, Flask, swagger, pytest, oAuth2, NewRelic, Fluentd, Gitlab, Vagrant, Conda, Ansible, Kubernetes…
- You’ve acquired an experience as a back-end developer, preferably in python
- You’ve graduated with aBachelor or Master’s degree in computer science(or equivalent)
- You have learnt to be fluent in English and ideally either French or Dutch
- You have 3 years of professional experience
- You love to collaborate with other
- You have good communication skills
What we offer
- An exciting position in a leading research and expertise centre, with the possibility of further career development within ENGIE
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- A green campus and hybrid workspace, offering flexibility for a good work/life balance
- A competitive salary Hay Level : …
- With fringe benefits
Workplace: ENGIE Laborelec – Rodestraat 125 – 1630 Linkebeek, Belgium
Laborelec welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.
Curious about Engie Laborelec
Since 60 years, ENGIE Laborelecis a leading research and expertise center in the field of electrical power technology. It was established back in 1962 with the aim of pooling the multidisciplinary expertise needed to carry out operational research programmes and support the operation and maintenance of electricity generation, transmission, distribution, storage, and utilization assets, by providing technical consultancy and solutions to its customers.
Today, ENGIE Laborelec is part of the ENGIE Group, and more particular of the newly created entity called ENGIE Research & Innovation. Today, working at ENGIE Laborelecmeans being part of an international community of high-level experts and technicians, who combine cutting-edge research and innovation with on-the-field operational support for all actors in the electricity value chain, committed to the #NetZeroCarbon transition.
To make it happen, our +300 experts, laboratory assistants, technicians and support staff daily accompany our customers in their energy transition and come up with innovative solutions to provide services to decarbonize, optimize the energy efficiency, and reduce the total cost of ownership of power assets. The ENGIE Laborelec headquarter is based in Belgium (Linkebeek, near to Brussels), with smaller branches in France, Germany and the Netherlands, Chile (LATAM) and KSA & UAE (MESCAT).