Tractebel is a global community of 5000 imaginative experts engineering a carbon-neutral future. Through our game-changing solutions for complex energy, urban, nuclear and water projects, we help our clients create a positive impact towards a sustainable world, where people, planet and profit collectively thrive.
- Take charge of design, use of calculation software’s, perform renovation and optimization studies for electrical systems, in compliance with local and international standards and regulations;
- Set out the ratings of equipment, technical specifications and the general design of electrical systems, including generators, generator protections, generator breakers, power transformers, MV and LV motors, AC and DC electrical boards, DC and Safe AC systems, emergency diesel generating sets, cabling,…
- Provide consulting in the field of electrical systems of nuclear and conventional generation units, and industry;
- Procurement of electrical equipment, installation and commissioning follow-up.
- Modelling of the medium voltage (6kV) and low voltage (400V) internal distribution network of a combined cycle production unit (CCPP) using ETAP and EMTP software’s:
- Studies of load flow, short-circuit currents, voltage variations, selectivity of electrical protections;
- Studies in transient regimes: motor starting, source transfers, network voltage dip.
Advance knowledge of the software’s is not mandatory. A Coach will provide an initiation and assistance along the internship.
Start: February-March 2023 End: As per the University rules.
- Student in a Master of Electrical Engineering;
- Interest in design of an electrical distribution system;
- French or Dutch speaking with a good command of English;
- Autonomous, self-learning aptitudes;
- Analysis and synthesis skills.
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.