- You are part of a multi-disciplinary research group and an international network of doctoral candidates under the supervision of Prof. Dr. MSc. Ing. Jef Peeters, Dr. Kathy Elst, Ir. Dirk Nelen. You will be working at KU Leuven and VITO, and get access to the best of both institutes!
- You follow-up literature, patents, company releases, conferences, etc., and use the obtained information to determine the state-of-the-art and identify opportunities for novel contributions to the field.
- You are responsible for setting up experiments for both the characterization of distinct plastic material streams and for dissolution based plastic recycling comparing different solvents
- You perform environmental assessments building on the data acquired from empirical material characterization and dissolution based recycling experiments
- You guide Master students with their thesis work.
- You report to your senior colleagues, supervisors, and the different partners during the project meetings organized at the premises of the different project partners across Europe
- You present your research results at international conferences.
- You hold a Master’s in Science, (Bio-) Engineering, or equivalent degree, for which you obtained a high GPA (a cum laude level is a prerequisite).
- You have good background in polymer science, processing and/or chemical engineering, experience with lifecycle analysis (LCA) is a plus.
- You like to bring theory to practice by hands-on experiments.
- You like to work in a multi-disciplinary team of international researchers and show willingness to learn/explore innovative technologies and techniques.
- You have a creative mindset, like to take initiative, and are not afraid to address innovative ideas and new opportunities.
- You have good communication skills (oral and written) in English or are willing to improve your language skills.
- You have not resided and didn’t carried out main activities in Belgium for more than 12 months in the 36 months immediately before the recruitment date
- We offer a varied and challenging job with an attractive salary package.
- We offer a research position in a stimulating and multi-disciplinary environment and a solid industrial network.
- We will support you in publishing in high-ranked international scientific journals.
- We provide the opportunity to work towards obtaining a PhD degree within an international network