Role Summary / Responsibilities
Veolia Water Technology & Solutions is recruiting a lab technician to support the Technology R&D division for hydrocarbon & water treatment applications. Operating from the European Technology Centre of Excellence, located at Heverlee (Belgium) they will be responsible for:
- Execution of laboratory-scale simulation studies in accordance with established Standard Operating Procedures. This includes sample preparation, start-up of instrumentation or simulation setups, monitoring progress and acquisition of data. Majority of the work is focused on applications for hydrocarbon and chemical processing industry (eg.anti-foulant evaluation, emulsion breaking, stability & compatibility testing,…). In extension, also execution of (waste-)water treatment testing is included.
- Conducting analytical testing for characterization of hydrocarbon and water samples. This includes, among others, titrations and spectrophotometric analyses.
- Maintain equipment and instruments in good operating conditions, through preventive maintenance and, if needed, repairs. Calibrate instrumentation as necessary.
- Sample management in laboratory: registration and storage of incoming samples, segregation of waste
- Stock management of consumables and spare parts (inventory, ordering)
- Bachelor’s degree in (Analytical-)Chemistry or Chemical engineering (or equivalent through experience)
- Computer literate
- Fluency in English (verbal and written), knowledge of Dutch is surplus
- Excellent communication skills towards different stakeholders within the organization
- Outspoken Safety-mindset
- Experience in a research environment/laboratory
- Hands-on mentality, excellent problem-solving skills
- Work with minimal supervision
- Well-organized and focused on reporting results within agreed deadlines
- Knowledge of refinery and/or petrochemical industry is an advantage
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Veolia only employs those who are legally authorized to work in Belgium for this opening.
- No Relocation assistance provided