Tractebel is a global community of 5000 imaginative experts engineering a carbon-neutral future. Through our game-changing solutions for complex energy, urban, nuclear and water projects, we help our clients create a positive impact towards a sustainable world, where people, planet and profit collectively thrive.
The Buildings department of Tractebel ENGIE is responsible for all the engineering related to the technical design of nearly all kind of buildings, including tertairy and residential buildings, hospitals, industrial buildings, sport buildings, … These projects go from the competition up to final commissioning.
Tractebel has a philosophy of flexible working hours and work locations. You will join the Building department in Ghent for at least 2 days a week. On the other days you can work at home, thus avoiding long travel times and balancing work and private life.
- You will work in a team on technical projects, together with engineers and designers/draftsmen;
- You are responsible of the quality and timing of your specific tasks;
- You participate in the design for Fire Safety of the projects, under supervision of a medior/senior engineer
- Feasibility studies
- Detailed design, calculation and simulations
- Tender documents
- Cost estimations
- You keep up with the standards, guidelines and new techniques and developments in your discipline;
- You work together with colleagues, external partners (such as architects, other design and engineering consul
- You have a bachelor/master degree in engineering;
- You have 0 to 5 years of experience in Fire Safety;
- You have knowledge of the design of
- Fire detection
- Sprinkler systems
- You have knowledge of Dynamic Fire Simulations (PyroSim FDS);
- You have knowledge of evacuation simulations (Pathfinder);
- You have knowledge of Autocad
- Knowledge of BIM software (REVIT, Naviswork, Stabicad, …) is a plus;
- You have a very good knowledge of Dutch and English. Knowledge of French is an asset;
- You have strong analytic skills;
- You are a team player;
- You are flexible and you are a good organiser.
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.