Framatome is a major international player in the nuclear energy market recognized for its innovative solutions and value-added technologies for designing, building, maintaining, and advancing the global nuclear fleet. The company designs, manufactures, and installs components and fuel for nuclear power plants and offers a full range of reactor services.
With 14,000 employees worldwide, every day Framatome’s expertise helps its customers improve the safety and performance of their nuclear plants and achieve their economic and societal goals.
Join the energy conversation with Framatome Inc. on Twitter: @FramatomeUS and Facebook: @FramatomeUS.
Framatome is owned by the EDF Group (75.5%), Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI – 19.5%) and Assystem (5%).
G – PROJECT MANAGEMENT – G1 – Project Management
Job Opening Title
Head of the competence centre
Non fixed term
90 k€ et +
Framatome is an international leader in nuclear energy, known for its innovative and digital solutions, its high value-added technologies for the world’s nuclear fleet.
With global expertise and strong references in reliability and performance, the company designs, maintains and installs components and fuels as well as control and control systems for nuclear power plants.
Its approximately 15,000 employees enable Framatome customers every day to provide an ever cleaner, safer and more economical low-carbon energy mix.
Framatome is owned by the EDF group (75.5%), Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI – 19.5%) and Assystem (5%)
About Framatome Belgium
Specialized in nuclear engineering and services, Framatome Belgium is a centre of expertise that supports European projects and construction site led by Framatome. Framatome Belgium’s teams of experts are involved in the design, commissioning, operation, maintenance and modification of nuclear equipment and installations, as well as dismantling.
We are looking for a Project Competence Centre Manager, reporting to the IofC BU Operations Department. The competence centre manages the entire world population of IofC project businesses. It is in support of all stages of the IofC project life cycle, from the preparation of the offer to the customer, the execution of the project itself until its closure and its transfer to the after-sales (guarantee, MCO, etc.).
The main tasks of the head of the competence centre are :
Manage the entity’s project skills:
- Establish and maintain an inventory of the skills and resources available in the field of projects (project managers, planner, contract manager, PMO, Cost Controller, R&O manager)
- Ensure proper load/resource balance for projects
- Ensure the skills development of this population and the certification of project managers according to the Framatome process.
For S&OP (load planning) exercises, ensure that a reliable and realistic load call is provided to and understood by contributing teams (engineering teams),
In interface with projects and human resources, ensure that a correct level of competence and expertise is maintained within the operations of the IofC BU in order to ensure the fulfilment and continuity of its missions.
- Ensure data quality within I3, Skill mapping and Kamex tools
- Support project teams with the use of skills management tools.
- Ensure a seamless interface between projects, core competencies, management and human resources.
Lead the project performance improvement actions:
- Support and challenge teams in the implementation of improvement tools and actions
- Propose action plans to achieve the entity’s performance objectives and monitor their progress
- This position provides access to a comprehensive view of the BU’s world activities.
This position reports to the PMO-Project Excellence Department within the IofC BU Operations Department.
Defence-based role interfacing with global teams (including International Projects, France, Germany, USA, Slovakia, Hungary, China, Korea).
Position to be filled within an institution subject to administrative investigation.
- You have a great sense of relationship, able to carry out a synthetic, clear and factual communication, and you like to work in a team on future projects.
- Successful change management experience
- German is a “plus” (foreign profiles are accepted)
- Rigorous, organizational, customer-oriented, pragmatic
The position is under administrative investigation.
Job location (site)
Minimum level of education required
Minimum level of experience required
Engineer & Executive
- English (Fluent)
- French (Good knowledge)
Ce poste est-il ouvert aux candidats en situation de handicap ?
Conformément aux engagements pris par Framatome en faveur de l’accueil et de l’intégration des perso
Background checking required ?
Subject to drug testing ?
Poste soumis à autorisation au titre du contrôle des exportations