Video: MEET US in 2 Minutes!
Are you brave enough to challenge yourself?
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely, collaborating with partners and customers, we care about the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With our Digital Enterprise portfolio, we provide and encourage companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions, and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Meaningful optimization for the specific needs of each industry, our outstanding portfolio supports customers to achieve greater efficiency and flexibility. We are constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate groundbreaking future technologies. We have our global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and have around 75,000 employees internationally.
Join our team as“Global Environmental Protection Officer” in one of our EMEA location. We consider a mix of working remotely from home and from the office.
General Summary of the Job:
- Technical responsibility for introducing, upholding, and developing aspects of environmental management to be implemented locally based on their own assessments and in consultation with the higher-level unit responsible for the EHS MS.
- Helping to implement global EHS targets set by the higher-level unit responsible for the EHS MS
- Being the contact person for all topics relating to environmental protection and for the authorities
- Coordinating implementation of and compliance with internal and regulatory requirements; coordinating environmental aspects of processes that extend beyond the scope of an organizational unit – up to an interface to be defined
- Coordinating site officers in connection with environmental protection (where necessary)
- Leading the local unit’s environmental audit program as a technical expert
- Collecting, assessing, and reporting environmental data according to core corporate requirements
- Assisting with internal and external communication
- Carrying out a review of the local organizational unit and resolving any shortcomings observed and, where necessary, escalating to the competent management level
- Providing information about environmental issues and the environmental impact of facilities and collaborating with facilities management to seek better sustainable solutions
- Providing advice and issuing statements on state-of-the-art equipment for conversions or when procuring new systems, and when modifying and designing processes
- Manage the implementation of requirements defined by measures according to relevant internal Siemens’ circulars (e.g., Environmental Protection (EP) Standard & Sustainability Standards)
- Monitors and documents existing and potential EP concerns and recommends priorities for resolution, measures robustness of approach to Circular Economy, risks, enhance recyclable materials, and recoverability rate of product, services, and solutions (PSS).
- Responsible for support and monitoring of global DI SW e-waste program
- Experience with the analysis and interpretation of international regulatory texts to further develop an efficient and effective legal review process for product-related environmental issues
- Reconcile the EP requirements in Siemens internal networks and support to show the existing risks and opportunities; coordinate and execute special projects to implement legal requirements
- Reporting environmental data into database(s) (for quarterly and annually for energy, waste, recycling, and water consumption reporting); attends global EP workshops and supports sustainability efforts on behalf of DI SW
- Develop and support internal Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs) per internal requirements
- Develops Life Cycle Assessments (LCA) and collaborates with designated internal colleagues for proper implementation.
- Recommends and decides measures for development of sustainability framework and goals with an achievable plan of action; must understand dematerialization and process checks and understand how to implement a Robust Eco Design (RED)
- Support NetZero by understanding collaborating with internal teams to understand current carbon footprint and efforts to streamline and reduce carbon emissions
- Represent DI SW in relevant internal and external committees as needed
Skills and Abilities:
- Required to have the ability to communicate verbally and in writing with leadership internally and externally to DI SW
- Proven as an EHS leader and positive promoter for EHS decisions and programs that support DI SW sustainability goals and meet expected DI SW EHS target performance
- Experience and able to analyze regulations against impact, detailed requirements, and recommend ways to comply
- Conduct EHS audits/assessments to ensure compliance in assigned region/facilities
- Experience with GHG protocols, Life Cycle Assessments, quality ISO standards (50001, 45001, & 14001), assessing carbon footprint, zero waste strategy, improving energy efficiencies and reducing carbon footprint, EU EP regulations, circular economies, and other international EP requirements (e.g., REACH, RoHS, TSCA, WEEE…) and apply a strategy to monitor and assess compliance
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to influence and work across a global organization; structured, efficient way of working and thinking, open-minded for new ways of working and strong networking skills to integrate stakeholders’ needs
- Excellent communication skills and presentation skills as well as proficiency in English; knowledge of other languages, such as German, is of advantage
- Responsible for implementation of EHS programs and meeting goals set by DI SW Global EHS organization
- Work in partnership with HR, Operations, SRE, external entities, legal, and communications to support EHS related activities and promote EHS maturity globally throughout DI SW
- Takes direction and action, perform assessments, train workforce, visit facilities within scope of work duty to ensure compliance and continuous improvement
- Help implement and positively promote DI SW EHS Programs (Healthy and Safe and Eco Efficiency) and help monitor the organizations performance to meet annual goals
- Involved in incident reporting, investigation, managing Quentic data, EP data, and ensuring near misses are reported and reviewed for continuous improvement
- Ability to manage direct reports
Education and Experience:
- Above-average degree in technical subject in related EP discipline preferred (e.g., Environmental Engineer, Biological Sciences, and related disciplines)
- EHS Certification preferred (e.g., CSP, CIH, NEBOSH, OSHA)
- 8+ years Environmental Protection experience (field and corporate)
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Up to 45% international travel
- Able to conduct job site audits (walking for hours inside and outdoors)
- Repetitive motion using computer (keying)
- Position is considered remote/hybrid
Company:Siemens Industry Software GmbH
Experience Level:Experienced Professional
Full / Part time:Full-time