About Antwerp Space
Antwerp Space is a leading Belgian space engineering company and an industrial player well-recognized by the European Space Agency and the European Commission. Antwerp Space has an established presence in the European space market and in several cases is taking the lead in technically complex space projects, supported by a consortium of partners from all over Europe.
The company employs highly skilled engineers and technicians from all over the world, the majority of whom hold an engineering degree, with strong expertise in the areas of digital signal processing, hardware and software design, as well as in project management and technical leadership.
OHB SE Group
Antwerp Space is part of the OHB SE group, one of Europe’s success stories in the field of contemporary space. Today it can call itself the third largest space group in Europe.
The OHB SE group has been growing at a steady pace over the last three decades and its footprint in Europe has continuously expanded. Nowadays, there are subsidiaries in Austria, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Luxembourg, Greece, the Czech Republic and Belgium. Despite its size, OHB SE is still a family business, run by the Fuchs family.
Who are we looking for?
Required technical competences
- University degree in Space System Communication / RF Engineering, Information Technology, Electronics or engineering area related to Antwerp Space activities
- Satellite communication is a knowledge domain that has no secrets for you
- Able to distinguish the client’s needs and equally important what he does not need
- You are technically skilled, you understand the engineering of our products and are able to easily converse about it with our engineering experts
- Creating a network of contacts to customers, potential industrial partners and colleagues
- Coordinating the bid process; creation and writing parts, management proposals, implementation proposals, financial proposals; to build a sound internal economic dossier per proposal
Expected soft skills
- You are all-round precise
- Project management skills, you oversee the process from start to end
- Organizational skills
- Commercial flair, you know how to combine business and humanity
- Capability to present in front of customers and colleagues
- Team leadership capability / you can listen to our experts, develop forward looking skills and assess complex bid situations
- Ability to gather knowledge and skills required along the job
Where do you fit in?
As a Bid Manager your core occupation is dealing with generation of successful offers. You understand what the client needs and what the client wants by your extensive knowledge. Furthermore you will have to be able to combine all of this in the correct offer. Timing, precision and communication with all the stakeholders are of the greatest importance here. You act as a Project Manager with the commercial flair a Bid Manager needs.
What we can offer you
- A multicultural environment. You’ll be working in an international environment with colleagues from all over the world.
- A strong corporate culture. Our company is based on strong values: respect, trust, personal development and well-being.
- Professional development. You’ll get the chance to learn, to share your expertise, to develop your skills and contribute to high-level, international projects in a high-tech environment.
- Salary package. A very attractive salary package including numerous fringe benefits. The main job location is Hoboken, though, short-term missions abroad are part of this challenging job environment.
Come and explore Antwerp Space
At Antwerp Space we treasure our human capital. From the moment you get on board until retirement, we will be at your side to make sure you feel at home and you get the chance to travel all the way through Antwerp Space, developing yourself and growing together.
As a company with a passion for innovation we want to create a dynamic, open and enriching environment for people, where people are passionate about their work and exchange ideas & expertise.
Moreover, we understand the need for a healthy working environment and we focus on the employee’s well-being, offering amongst others [email protected], ergonomic advice, and many other initiatives. We also focus on a good work-life balance, offering flexible working hours and additional holidays. Each year a number of events are organized to emphasize that it is important to have fun, relax and create a good team spirit.
Eager to join us? Get in touch!
Apply now by clicking the Applybutton below and send us your motivation letter and CV. We will be get back to you soon.