A vacancy has arisen for the post of Communications Manager at the headquarters of the European Judicial Training Network (EJTN) in Brussels.
Do you have professional communications experience, including drafting press releases, managing social media profiles and dealing with the corporate correspondences gained in the field of education? Can you contribute to developing and implementing communication policies and action plans of an international organisation which aims at training the judiciary at the European level? If so, our job offer may be the right opportunity for you.
Under the supervision of the Secretary General , EJTN seeks a full-time Communications Manager position which offers a challenging and unique role with a very wide breadth of tasks and responsibilities.
The position entails responsibilities in relation to the content of EJTN’s website, social media, corporate communications and outreach activities to assist the team with their daily activities aimed at raising awareness for their activities and stream-lining internal and external communications.
Apart from the specific daily and strategic tasks of this position highlighted below, it demands proactivity, creativity, inventiveness and cooperation in terms of seeking and raising initiatives for enhancement corporate communication.
The tasks pertaining to the position include non-exhaustively:
– Energising, developing, implementing and evaluating the corporate communication strategy aiming at an enhanced visibility of the company and its activities;
– Translating the corporate communication strategy into internal operational guidelines;
– Responsibility over production and drafting of qualitative and audience-targeted communication:
o daily communicationthrough website, social medias (general and activity / event-specific), staff training and assistance, publications (ex. newsletters, annual report content coordination and design), promotional materials (movie, brochures, reports, goodies), assisted on an-hoc basis by outsourced services;
o outreach activities, i.e. activity / event-specific communiqués and awareness campaigns, movie, brochures, report, corporate information packs;
o coordination and design of the annual report;
o promotion and facilitation of webinars and digital educational materials(collecting synopsis, visibility through direct emails and social media / news posts);
o Developing new channels of communication (twitter, Instagram…) and improving the current ones (LinkedIn, Facebook, Youtube);
– Act as focal contact point:
o To ensure transparent internal communication and the completion of timely reportingobligations to different stakeholders;
o To provide a strategic monitoringand identify subjects of corporate interest (ex. interviews, statements, opinion articles, etc.) with a view to develop and communicate key messages for target audiences and identifying opportunities to deepen engagement in particular on social media platforms;
o To organise awareness-raising campaignsand the promotion of activities towards institutional partners, EU institutions, ex. Open House Day.
Qualification and Experience required
– A post-secondary degree in Journalism or Communicationsattested by a diploma, or equivalent proven competence,
– A minimum of 2 years’ proven professional experience and technical expertise in relation to the profile of the position,
– Drafting skills and concern for quality;
– Fluent proficiency in spoken and written English (ideally native speaker) as well as French;
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills;
– Strong interpersonal, organisational, planning and team-working skills;
– Detail and service-oriented with excellent follow-up and time management skills;
– Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with multiple and changing priorities while maintaining strong focus on execution and results;
– Well-developed administrative and computer skills, including good knowledge of MS Office, web-based tools such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams;
– Possess a “can do” spirit of accountability, helpfulness, inclusion, flexibility, continuous improvement, collaboration, creativity and fun;
– Willingness to work flexible hours and to travel;
– Would thrive in a multicultural and international environment.
– An attractive base salary and remuneration package commensurate with experience, in accordance with EJTN employment scheme;
– An international working environment with a leading actor in the judicial training field;
– Continuous training and professional development.
The position is intended to be a full-time one, initial fixed-term contract under Belgian law, with the possibility of prolongation or becoming permanent.
The interviews will be conducted between 12 -21 December and the expected start date is January 2023.
Please apply for this positionby November 29th the latestby adding your CV, a motivation letter highlighting your expectations and stating your current notice period.
Compliance with EJTN’s Data Protection and Privacy Statement
Including the following self-written statement, authorising EJTN to process your personal data, is mandatory and a prerequisite for applying for employment or an internship at EJTN. Without this statement, your application will not be considered, and your application will be deleted. “I hereby consent to EJTN collecting and processing my personal data for the exclusive purposes involved with seeking employment or an internship position. I have reviewed the details of how EJTN processes, shares, transfers, uses and protects private data as well as my rights from EJTN’s full Data Protection and Privacy Statement.”
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
- Day shift
- Communication: 2 years (Required)
- English (Required)
Work Location: On the road
Application Deadline: 29/11/2022
Expected Start Date: 02/01/2023