At the heart of QIAGEN’s business is a vision to make improvements in life possible.
We are on an exciting mission to make a real difference in science and healthcare. We are still the entrepreneurial company we started out as and have today achieved a size where we can bring our full power to many initiatives and to our presence across the globe.
Our most valuable asset are our employees – more than 6000 in over 35 locations around the world. Our ambition is to ensure we have outstanding and passionate people working in the best teams and we are constantly looking for new talent to join us.
There are few players who have shaped the world of modern science and healthcare as much as QIAGEN, and we have only just started.
If you are looking to advance your career, are seeking new challenges and opportunities, enjoy working in dynamic and international, diverse teams and want to make a real impact on people’s lives, then QIAGEN is where you need to be.
Join us. At QIAGEN, you make a difference every day.
To strengthen our team in Belgium, we are looking for a Commercial (&) Market Development Manager to drive and grow sales for the QuantiFERON portfolio for Belgium and Luxembourg.
The Market Development Manager QuantiFERON is primarily responsible for raising demand for the use of QIAGEN products, QuantiFERON portfolio, with clinicians (of different disciplines) to grow sales and, consequently, also increase the number of customers in their territory. In addition, the job holder identifies and develops new sales opportunities and, where applicable, with the approval of the QuantiFERON Sales Manager, negotiates the selling conditions.
- The job holder performs presentations of the products at clinical customer and, selectively, laboratory customer sites and arranges product demonstrations in collaboration with the technical support team.
- He /She develops privileged relationships with institutional officers and opinion leaders so as to promote the recognition and the implementation of the company’s product range.
- By completing and maintaining an analysis and synthesis of data pertaining to the markets in their territory, the job holder will be able to propose a plan for sales growth in the most appropriate markets.
- This position reports to the Sales Belgium Manager, with dotted line to the QuantiFERON Sales Director Europe as part of the Market Development Management organisation, belonging to Commercial Operations.
- Open new opportunities through customer acquisitions, development of key adoption
- Argumentation for the territory, expanding & caring for a network of key opinion leaders and defining & executing necessary marketing plans to achieve success
- Establish sales & marketing plans for the assigned region based on the company model
- Prospecting of doctors and laboratories in hospitals and public health centers.
- Prospecting of administrative authorities
- Presentations of the product at meetings of medical specialists in the target groups (pneumologists, infectiologists, occupational health doctors, rheumatologists….).
- In selected cases, demonstrations in target laboratories in collaboration with the technical support
- Participation at regional exhibits. .
- Preparation and updates of sales forecasts.
- Participation in the establishment of budgets
- To actively participate in the implementation of country-specific marketing projects to accelerate acceptance of QuantiFERON products
- To strictly observe the company’s financial and corporate guidelines and policies
- BSc qualification in biological science; optional : experience in a clinical/pathology
environment, and sales & marketing qualifications/experience. Alternatively, a degree in business with heavy IVD or Medical Device experience.
- optional: Experience in the management of major customer accounts in an introductory environment
- Working knowledge of immunology and microbiology
- Travel in the 2 countries > 60% of the time(Field Job)
- Highly Motivate by the commercial part and not only by deliver the scientific messages to clinicians/biologists
- Budget accountability
- The candidate should be based in Belgium, ideally as centrally as possible
- French and Flemish Dutch language skills in mandatory and good command of English
- Has a “daring” , but also a ‘caring’ attitude
Please, use dashesonly!
What we offer
At the heart of QIAGEN are our people who drive our success. We act with passion, always challenging the status quo to drive innovation and continuous improvement. We inspire with our leadership and make an impact with our actions. We create a collaborative, safe and engaging workplace which forms the basis for high performing individuals and teams. We drive accountability and entrepreneurial decision-making and want you to excel your growth and shape the future of QIAGEN.
QIAGEN is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, or disability.
Job Reference: EMEA03658