When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and join a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of more than $40 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and chances to create significant contributions to the world.
The Commercial Director for the EMEA territory is responsible for managing the regional sales team (6 direct reports) of the Visualization Software Group Business Unit in the Materials and Structural Analysis Division. Developing and implementing the commercial strategy, managing daily sales activity, including direct sales, internal channels, distributors, and Key Accounts will all be key duties of this role.
This role requires a focus on bookings and revenue generation with the primary objective of ensuring EMEA achieves the annual operating growth plan and contributes to the overall goals of the Business Unit and the Division. In addition, the Commercial Director will define and implement the sales strategy and tactical plans for the team that will enable the successful completion of these goals. This role will also have direct responsibility for working with major accounts to establish business contacts, conducting account activities, and assisting in the evaluation of opportunities with all major accounts.
This will be a fully remote (work from home) role, with regular international travel – c.50% per annum, including overnight stays. We are open to hiring the successful candidate in any of the following countries: UK, Netherlands, Germany, Austria, France, Belgium, Spain, Portugal, Italy and Czech Republic.
Here you will find more information about the portfolio: VSG Software
You will report to: Oliver Faidi
What will you do?
- Communicate with assigned sales representatives on a regular basis to supervise account pipeline, ensure there is an active sales funnel, and that core proficiency requirements are met
- Communicate, strategize, plan and implement sales efforts with assigned team members to ensure quarterly/annual goals are achieved and exceeded
- Communicate effectively with the Global Sales and Services Director regarding business trends for the region including, but not limited to, risks to the business, potential opportunities, and competitive information within the territory
- Create an inclusive environment across team members, not only within their region but with the rest of the global commercial organization and our internal sales channels
- Work effectively with Channel Manager, which includes distribution sales channels in order to implement Regional Sales Strategies
- Assist with the hiring, coaching, training, and mentoring of sales representatives, including corrective actions if necessary, through the Thermo Performance Management and Development program
- Work extensively with CRM to accurately manage revenue and bookings forecast and key performance indicators
- Work with sales representatives to build customer pricing strategies and proposals that ensure growth and profitability
- Responsible for developing major account relationships at the executive level for the purpose of growing sales
- Interact with key business partners, like marketing and product strategy teams to identify improvement opportunities to align with a long-term sales strategy
- Continually help to improve the company culture leading by example to the 4i values of Thermo Fisher Scientific – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement.
Who we are looking for:
- Extensive sales management experience (management of a sales team) in scientific software sales, with demonstrated success in laboratory software, analytical instruments, and life sciences markets
- Bachelor’s degree in science, business administration, or similar
- Strong commercial competence with a proven track record in driving expansion and commercial operational improvement
- Strong and proven experience in driving business through direct sales teams and sales partners within the assigned territory
- Experience of operating with full legal compliance in a highly regulated environment
- Ability to develop step-changing growth strategies and actively lead the successful execution
- Strong communication skills (verbally and in writing), networking and leadership skills with a track record of developing high-performance teams
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix environment and display credibility in mentoring and forging solid, positive working relationships with business team members and colleagues
- Willing and able to travel internationally up to 50% per annum, including overnight stays
- Professional level of English
- Valid driving licence
What’s in it for you:
- Excellent career progression opportunities with an industry-leading global employer
- Competitive salary, plus sales bonus
- Full benefits package (specifics depend on country of hire)
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. As one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement – working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com