your success will be measured by:
- Ensures compliance with data center business units and service-level policies.
- Engages with appropriate teams and resources to execute tasks or projects.
- Manages programs associated with area of responsibility.
- Demonstrates conscientiousness on cost adheres to budget requirements; keeps costs reasonable and contributes to staying within budget.
- Follows and adheres to safety and security policies and procedures. Reports immediately any safety or security issues or concerns.
- Participates in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) process as appropriate.
- Maximize Critical Environment (CE) availability in conjunction with our landlord partners at our leased Datacenters and to ensure optimal operational efficiency
- Oversee the day-to-day operations and maintenance of mechanical and electrical equipment in our leased Datacenters (MOP/SOP/EOP review, RCAs, FMEAs, change governance, and risk mitigation)
- Reduce high-impact and human-error Critical Environment (CE) incidents year over year
- Deliver on cost/energy efficiency initiatives
- Support delivery of the Datacenter’s Emergency Preparedness and Response plans and act as an escalation point for all facilities-related issues within our leased datacenters
- Coordinate, plan, schedule, and supervise CE audits and compliance verification as needed
- Ensure routine reporting to effectively manage and analyze our Power/Temperature/Relative Humidity, and SLA monitoring
- Establish and enhance strong working relationships and engagement with our Engineering Groups (EGs), and Landlord partners (including contributing to MBRs, QBRs)
- Work with regional and global peers to share and build best practices across the entire datacenter portfolio
- Shares best practices; assists others in learning role, process, procedures.
- Provides mentorship across data centers for specific expertise.
- Seeks training opportunities that meet the interest of the business as well as own career goals and objectives.
- Suggests ways for reducing risk of performing maintenance; works with others to accommodate scheduling needs.
- Suggests improvements in implementation based on depth of understanding.
- Contributes to a positive team environment by learning and adopting best practices.
- Contributes constructively during team meetings and in cross-disciplinary collaborations within the service team.
- In alignment with management priorities, holds self-accountable for the end-to-end service quality, completeness, and resulting customer experience (including but not limited to availability, safety, security, customer service).
- Supports escalation of issues to appropriate owner.
- High School Diploma or equivalent AND industry experience in a datacenter or other critical environment facility,
- OR industry experience and college course work.
- Experience in Critical Environment infrastructures (e.g., UPS, Generator, AHU) or IT infrastructures (e.g., Servers, SANs, Networking, Capacity, DC Rack/Enclosures, structured cabling).
- Bachelor’s Degree or Technical College certification in mechanical or electrical engineering and/or services
- Experience working on large scale CE projects
- Experience with the operation of IT infrastructure (Servers, SANs, Networking, etc.)
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.