With us, you will constantly be learning and growing. We invest in you by offering exceptional professional and personal development – providing training, mentoring and practical support. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional goals, recognising that those may look different for everyone.
We have a powerful commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re determined to play our part in advancing a workplace where progress is made by harnessing our differences – whatever defines you, we ask you to bring your whole self to work. What truly defines a career at Allen & Overy? We recruit the best and ask for the best of you. We provide challenge, support and a place for you to belong. And together we excel, working on meaningful projects of global significance.
Role and responsibilities
You will become the trusted commercial adviser to your two assigned practices as you will:
- define and implement strategic BD planning for the Belgian offices in line with global/regional objectives;
- advise and lead on winning profitable work by delivering high-quality, innovative commercial proposals (requests for proposals, panel pitches, short turn-around capability statements, etc) including:
- managing the pitch process (from scoping kick-offs and determining the preferred approach to drafting the pitch and obtaining client feedback); and
- fielding our relevant global product offering (sector, product, pricing, Advanced Delivery Services etc);
- help your lawyers develop and closely monitor client relationships, and be involved in the preparation and follow-up of effective client-relationship meetings, with a specific focus on selected key clients;
- be responsible for knowledge management of markets, prospects and clients (data collection and reporting), and share information with key stakeholders by drafting tailored client briefing notes.
In addition, and with the help of other departments and/or external providers, you will:
- support the organisation of events, seminars and webinars;
- participate in internal and external communication projects (both national and international);
- support the update of marketing materials such as brochures, newsletters and flyers; and
- coordinate and contribute to submissions for legal directories (such as Chambers & Partners and Legal 500).
Who we are looking for
As an energetic, proactive business development professional with:
- a Master’s degree in Law, Economics, Marketing, Management, Business Administrationor in another relevant area;
- between 3 to 7 years’ experiencein a similar role, preferably in a professional servicesorganisation;
- a commercial mind-set, combining market awareness with a solid understanding of how international businesses operate;
- anexcellent knowledge (written and spoken) of English as well as Dutch and/or French(with at least a good understanding of the other language);
- excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships with your stakeholders within the (global) firm, including lawyers, personal assistants, your BD & Marketing colleagues abroad, as well as members of our Finance and HR teams;
- a strong client-focus and results-driven approach;
- the versatility to work both as a team player and autonomously in a highly professional and demanding environment;
- an eye for detail and strong analytical skills; and
- excellent computer skills (MS Office).
What we offer
You will work in a dynamic and challenging environment with an international dimension. We greatly value our unique culture, which combines high-quality client service with a real focus on people and teamwork. In our firm, positive attitude matters. We believe it defines the way in which we work, both with clients and with colleagues. You will have a challenging professional support role with room to develop your skills. We offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your qualifications and experience.
How to apply
Please upload your application (CV) on www.allenovery.com/careers.