Introduction / General purpose of the position
Sales Technical Solutions
- To seek out business opportunities and maintain customer contacts in order to ensure sufficient product sales in the regions assigned to him/her (business groups, product groups and geographical regions).
- Account Management, Business Development and finding new applications (make the product portfolio grow).
- Project management for the existing customers/accounts.
Tasks and responsibilities
1.Reporting and contacts
- Reports to the Sales Director Latex & Emulsions.
- Internal contacts:
- Product managers
- R&D department
- Technical support teams
- Sales support teams
- External contacts:
- Responsible for independently managing his/her customer portfolio (paper – textiles – construction – graphic arts)
- Maintains frequent contacts with customers
- Is the absolute link between EOC and the customers
- Visits dealers and trade shows
- Acts as the customer’s point of contact
- Prospects with a view to growing the customer portfolio
- Responsible for preparing, implementing and following up on the sales process.
- Negotiates prices, makes sales agreements and determines delivery deadlines
- Monitors payments/outstanding invoices and takes appropriate measures to ensure that sales agreements are complied with
- Follows up on sales via sales administration
- Takes care to ensure that credit limits are not exceeded
- Responsible for the rapid and proper handling of complaints.
- Contact point for customers with technical problems
- Provides advice and assistance to customers in collaboration with the Technical Service Specialist and R&D Division
- Works in consultation with the product manager and the R&D Division to develop new applications to meet the needs of existing and potential customers.
- Investigates new markets and product possibilities by responding to the wishes and requests of customers
- Consults with the R&D Division to help it to orient its research
- Promotion of newly developed products
- Closely monitors the organisation’s market position: keeps a close eye on the positioning of the competition and their products
1. Education, knowledge and experience
- Excellent command (both oral & written) of Dutch, English, German (French is an asset)
- Basic knowledge of chemistry – graphic arts
- Functionalizing of paper through print
- Experience is necessary, preferably in Industry or a similar sector
- Chemical background. (industrial chemistry)
- Technical knowledge.
- Understanding technology – being able to make links in several technical issues.
- Project management in sales.
- Having a minimum of administrative knowledge.
- Commercial skills: hunter & farmer
- Strong communication skills
- Independent working, self-reliant
- Prepared to travel in BE – Lux – NL – GER – (UK – ESP – GR) è 40%